Anant Agarwal is an Indian computer architectures researcher.  He is a Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), where he led the development of Alewife , an early cache coherent multiprocessor , and ook has served as director of the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory . He is the founder and CTO of Tilera , a fabless semiconductor company that focuses on scalable multicore embedded processor design.  He’ll be Serves as the CEO of EDX , a joint partnership tussen MIT and Harvard University dat offerings free online learning. 
Born in Mangalore, he did his Schooling in St. Aloysius Mangalore . Agarwal holds a bachelor’s degree from Indian Institute of Technology Madras and a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University . 
Agarwal is the CEO of EDX , a worldwide online learning initiative and MIT and Harvard. He is a leader of the Carbon Project, welke is ontwikkelingslanden new scalable multicore architectures, a new operating system for multicore and clouds called phosphate, and a distributed parallel simulator for multicore and clouds called Graphite. He is a leader of the Angstrom Project In this housing is customizing fundamentele technologies for exascale computing. He Contributes to WebSim, a web-based electronic circuits laboratory. He led the Raw project at CSAIL, and is a founder of Tilera Corporation. Raw was an early tiled multicore processor with 16 cores. He’ll be teaches the EDX offering of MIT’s 6,002 Circuits and Electronics.
His previous projects include Sparcle, a coarse-grain multithreaded (CG MT or switch-on event SOE) microprocessor, Alewife, a scalable distributed shared memory multiprocessor, Virtual Wires, a scalable FPGA-based logic emulation system, LOUD, a beamforming microphone array , Oxygen, a pervasive human-centered computing project, and Fugu, a protected, multiuser multiprocessor.
Agarwal RECEIVED the 2001 Maurice Wilkes Award for computer architectures.  In 2007 he was inducted as a Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery .  In 2011 he was appointed Director of MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory . In March 2016, he was Awarded the Harold W. McGraw, Jr. Prize in Education in higher education  as an outstanding leader of the development of the Massive Open Online Course movement. In addition under to therein, have been killed a Distinguished Alumnus of IIT Madras. He RECEIVED Padma Shri, the fourth Highest Civilian Award in the Republic of India in 2017. 
- Anant Agarwal and Jeffrey Lang (2005). Foundations of Analog and Digital Electronic Circuits . Morgan Kaufmann. ISBN 1-55860-735-8 .
- Jump up^ MIT directory
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Board of Directors | Tilera Corporation” . tilera.com . Retrieved 27 February 2012 .
- Jump up^ “EDX – About EDX” . edxonline.org . Retrieved 7 May 2012 .
- Jump up^ The Maurice Wilkes Award. ArchivedSeptember 17, 2008, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ http://fellows.acm.org/fellow_citation.cfm?id=3320751&srt=year&year=2007
- Jump up^ “2016 Winners announced for The Harold W. McGraw, Jr. Prize in Education – McGraw Prize” . www.mcgrawprize.com . Retrieved 2016-03-15 .
- Jump up^ http://www.oneindia.com/india/padma-shri-awards-meet-the-unsung-heroes-part-ii-2327551.html