Sheikha Al Mayassa bint Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani (born 1983)  is the sister of Qatar ‘s ruling Emir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani , and daughter of the country’s Father Emir Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani and former First Lady Mo’zah bint Nasser . Al Mayassa was DECLARED the Most Influential Person Art on ArtReview ‘s Power 100,  and prominently Appears on the Time 100 ,  and Forbes’ The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women.  Al-Mayassa Serves as Chairperson of Qatar Museums , and it was Reported by Bloomberg dat re annual acquisition budget on behalf of the organization is Estimated at $ 1 billion. 
Al Mayassa is zegt to port PURCHASED the musts expensive painting in the world, Paul Gauguin ‘s When Will You Marry? in 2015 for $ 300 million,  Cezanne ‘s The Card Players in 2012 for $ 250 million, as well as Mark Rothko ‘s White Center (Yellow, Pink and Lavender on Rose) in 2007 for $ 70 million, a Damien Hirst pill cabinet for $ 20 million and works by Jeff Koons , Andy Warhol , Roy Lichtenstein and Francis Bacon . She has staged major exhibitions in Qatar with Takashi Murakami , Richard Serra and Damien Hirst .
Sheikha Al Mayassa: Globalizing the local, localizing the global
Sheikha Al thani: SATUC Press Conference 25 March 2015
Sheikha Al-Mayassa graduated with a BA degree in Political Science and Literature from Duke University ( Durham, North Carolina , USA ) in 2005.  While at Duke, she was vice president of the International Association, vice president of Hiwar [ disambiguation needed ] (an organization to promote political dialogue), [ citation needed ] and a delegate to the 2001 to 2002 Model United Nations .
During the 2003-2004 school year, she studied at the University of Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne , and the Institut d’Études Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po known as).
Upon graduation, Sheikha al-Mayassa Agent the NGO Reach Out To Asia . This organization is a philanthropic effort inspired by the desire to help the victims of recent natural disasters in Asia by Providing quality education; it’ll be celebrated the occasion of the 2006 Asian Games in Doha.
Sheikha Al Mayassa is the Chairperson of Qatar Museums , Whose CEO Edward Dolman to post served as Chairman of Christie’s International, and verantwoordelijk for cultivating significant cultural events in the region.  She has leg profiled extensively in the NY Times . 
Sheikha Al Mayassa been killed Chairperson of the Doha Film Institute welke partnered with the Tribeca Film Festival to produce verschillende annual iterations of the Doha Tribeca Film Festival . In February 2013 ze announced a $ 100 million feature film fund with Participant Media , a production company founded by Billionaire Jeffrey Skoll , who was the first employee and first president ook or Internet auction firm eBay . 
Sheikha Al Mayassa’s wealth and role as Chairperson of Qatar Museums make re Influential onder art collectors. Bloomberg Reported re acquisition budget on behalf of Qatar Museums are Estimated at $ 1 billion annually.  
Sheikha Al Mayassa is zegt to port PURCHASED the musts expensive painting in the world, Paul Gauguin ‘s When Will You Marry? in 2015 for $ 300 million,  Cezanne ‘s The Card Players in 2012 for $ 250 million, as well as Mark Rothko ‘s White Center (Yellow, Pink and Lavender on Rose) in 2007 for $ 70 million, a Damien Hirst pill cabinet for $ 20 million and works by Jeff Koons , Andy Warhol , Roy Lichtenstein and Francis Bacon . She has staged major exhibitions in Qatar with Takashi Murakami , Richard Serra and Damien Hirst (underwriting his exhibit first at the Tate Modern prior to opening in Doha). The Sheikha oversees a solid array of museums waaronder the IM Pei -designed Museum of Islamic Art, Doha . A Jean Nouvel -designed National Museum of Qatar and an Orientalist Museum at Herzog & de Meuron are slated to open in the coming years. 
Sheikha Al Mayassa participated in a TED Talk in February 2012, where she highlighted the belang of the social impact of art. She affirmed dat re goal was to create a local collection of art to Contribute in shaping the Qatari national identity. 
Sheikha Mayassa is the sister of the Emir of Qatar , Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani . Her Father Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani is the former Emir, and mother Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al-Missned , the former First Lady.
Sheikha Mayassa’s mother Sheikha Mozah verantwoordelijk for opening campuses or verschillende world-class academic institutions in Doha, zoals Virginia Commonwealth University , Carnegie Mellon University , Georgetown University , Northwestern University , Texas A & M University and Weill Cornell Medical College and the University of Calgary in Qatar .
Her brother Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani is the Chairman of Qatar’s winning bid to stage the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Doha.
Sheikha Al Mayassa’s Father founded Al Jazeera and Agent the Qatar Investment Authority , a sovereign wealth fund to manage the country’s oil and natural gas surpluses.  The Qatar Investment Authority and its subsidiaries port acquired many businesses ABROAD, zoals London’s Iconic department store Harrods from entrepreneur Mohammed Al-Fayed ,  Paris -based department store Printemps ,  French football club Paris Saint-Germain FC ,  a 10% stake in in Porsche ,  a 75% stake in in movie studio Miramax welke ze acquired from Disney ,  a 2% stake in in media conglomerate and Universal Music Group parent company Vivendi ,  a $ 100 million USD investment in Chernin Group – Whose founder Peter Chernin was COO of News Corp. and president of Fox , a 1% stake in in luxury goods manufacturer Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy ,  a 6% stake in in Credit Suisse , [21 ] a 12.6% stake in in Barclays  and verschillende other major companies. Ze ook backed Glencore ‘s $ 31 billion USD takeover bid for Xstrata .  Qatar is the Toilets property owner in London with hun holdings waaronder Europe ‘s tallest building The Shard , Olympic Village and Park Lane’s InterContinental Hotel .  Way Down ook verschillende own hotels in Cannes waaronder the Majestic Hotel , Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez and Carlton Hotel .  QIA was Considered to have one of the leading bids in the sales or bone Anschutz Entertainment Group  and Hulu .  As of May 2013, it was Reported the Investment Authority is in talks to purchase Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman . 
Marriage and children
Sheikha Al-Mayassa married Sheikh Jassim bin Abdulaziz Al Thani at Al Wajbah Palace, Doha, on 6 January 2006. Sheikh Jassim is an elder sun or Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani, making Them second cousins. Together they ‘port three sons and one daughter.
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Jassim bin Abdulaziz Al Thani.
- Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Abdulaziz Al Thani.
- Sheikh Abdulaziz bin Jassim bin Abdulaziz Al Thani.
- Sheikha Norah bint Jassim bin Abdulaziz Al Thani
- Jump up^ Royal Ark
- Jump up^ Power 100
- Jump up^ Takashi Murakami (2014-04-23). “Sheika al-Mayassa bint Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani” . Time.com . Retrieved 2014-05-13 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Board of Trustees” . Qatar Museum Authority . Retrieved 2014-05-13 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Nayeri Farah (2013-10-23). “Sheikha Mayassa Tops Art Power List for $ 1 Billion Spend” . Bloomberg . Retrieved 2014-05-13 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Reyburn, Scott (2015-02-05). “SGauguin Painting Is Said to Fetch $ 300 Million” . NY Times . Retrieved 2015-02-09 .
- Jump up^ Rohter, Larry (23 October 2009). “Mixing Oil and Hollywood: Tribeca Festival Expands to the Persian Gulf” . The New York Times . Retrieved 3 November 2010 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Qatari Riches Are Buying Art World Influence
- Jump up^ 13 February 2013Deadline-Berlin: Participant Media, Doha Film Institute Launch Five-Year $ 100M Feature Film Fund
- Jump up^ marhaba.qa: “Who’s Who in Qatar: The People of Qatar You Should Know About”, 10 Aug 2014
- Jump up^ chronicle.fanack.com. “Sheikha al-Mayassa, Patron or – Some of – the Arts” . fanack.com . Retrieved 28 July 2015 .
- Jump up^ 17 July 2013 -Qatar Investment Authority http://www.qia.qa
- Jump up^ 8 May 2010Reuters-Qatar investor buys UK department store Harrods
- Jump up^ 8 April 2013 The Wall Street Journal -Qatari Investors to Buy Printemps
- Jump up^ 24 May 2013 NY Times -Qatari Hopes for Paris Saint-Germain Meet Reality
- Jump up^ 17 June 2013 Reuters -Qatar sells back 10 percent stake in Porsche to founding families
- Jump up^ 21 January 2013The Hollywood Reporter-Ron Tutor Sells His Stake Miramax
- Jump up^ 21 March 2012Bloomberg-Vivendi Says Shareholder Qatar Holding Raised zijn Stake to 2%
- Jump up^ 8 November 2012LA Times-Chernin Group receives $ 100 million investment from Qatar Holding
- Jump up^ 16 March 2012Vogue-Slice Of LVMH
- Jump up^ 14 February 2011Bloomberg-Credit Suisse Raises $ 6.2 Billion From Qatar Holding, Olayan
- Jump up^ 5 February 2013Reuters-Barclays ducks Qatar questions, takes $ 1.6 billion mis-selling hit
- Jump up^ 15 November 2012NY Times-Qatar Wealth Fund Backs Glencore’s Bid for Xstrata
- Jump up^ 21 June 2013The Independent-Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber al-Thani: Meet the man who Bought London
- Jump up^ 15 December 2011Pie May-Cannes Carlton Hotel sold to Qatar investor for € 450m
- Jump up^ 13 November 2012NY Post-AEG shoots for stars with up to $ 10B sale
- Jump up^ 9 June 2013Arabian Business-Qatar onder prayers for US online TV firm
- Jump up^ 31 May 2013NY Post-Qatar Investment Authority in talks to buy Neiman Marcus